Writers and Educators
We’re looking to grow! Ditto Kids is hiring writers and educators. You’ll work with the Editor in Chief and primary writer to create value-based, meaningful content that helps teach families and kids about anti-racism and decolonized history in an engaging way that leads them to help create change. Our goal is to establish Ditto Kids as a leader in accessible anti-bias educational materials that are family as well as classroom-friendly.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience writing for children. We’re looking for a gentle guiding voice- we don’t withhold important information, but we share it in a positive, growth and “We can change!” oriented way as well as in a specific order.
- Curriculum writing experience is a bonus.
- Is deadline oriented.
- Has experience teaching anti-racism or anti-bias education in a home-based or classroom setting.
- Can write creatively for non-fiction, fiction and educational activities.
- Is a self-starter and enjoys working independently.
- Takes initiative in a startup environment.
- Is interested in growing with us!
- Is generally overflowing with new ideas! We can’t wait to hear what you’ve got!
- Interested, and most importantly, is passionate about this work!
- Write creative non-fiction, fiction and educational activities for the magazine.
- Plan, organize and strategize issue content with the team.
This job is an exempt, part-time, consultant position we expect to take about 1-5 hours a week for 3-5 months out of the year, with room to grow. Pay will be commensurate with experience. BIPOC women especially encouraged to apply. Application period open until positions are filled.
Email Alexandria at email@example.com with your resume, a relevant writing sample, expected pay and a short response to the following questions:
- How do you approach anti-racism/anti-bias continuing education in your life and home?
- Tell us about your writing experience.
- Why do you want to work with Ditto Kids?
- What is your goal as a writer and/or educator?
- Please your social media handles (Twitter, IG etc) if relevant. you’ve created.